112dB has introduced Mikron Cascade – a new effect, for Mac & Windows, designed to make it easy to create ambient soundscapes.
Mikron Cascade diffuses any sound input into a ‘sound cloud’. The fine-tuned delay models are specifically designed to create organic cinematic atmospheres.
- Densify any signal up to 5832 times, and turn a succession of sounds into colored noise
- Carefully designed delay network can add a ‘pleasant complexity’ to the sound over time
- 6 different delay network models (fine-tuned and adapted to hearing)
- Freeze shortcut to build up ambient sound spheres
- Spin function for a subtle pitch modulation that adds movement to the delays
- Tone function to zoom in on certain frequencies in the feedback loop
Pricing and Availability
Mikron Cascade is available now for US $29. A demo version is also available.