At the 2018 NAMM Show, Korg is introducing the KR-55 Pro Rhythm and Drum Machine
The Korg KR-55 Pro is designed to be a simple, multi-function rhythm machine, with real recorded drum grooves and mixer/recorder functionality. It offers 24 rhythm styles, designed to reproduce the sound and experience of playing with a percussionist. Each style includes multiple patterns, providing accompaniment for endless recording, thanks to the sophisticated chain function.
Here’s the official video intro:
- 24 built-in drum/percussion styles that were recorded live using KORG’s proprietary “Real Groove Technology.”
- Each rhythm style includes a rich variety of patterns: two variations, basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2, and ending.
- Use the chain function to create a rhythm structure for an entire song, and play it automatically.
- A rich array of input jacks includes one XLR mic input, two guitar/bass inputs, and a stereo AUX input, allowing multi-channel mixing.
- A high-quality reverb effect and equalizer are provided, giving you the freedom to shape your sound.
- You can perform along with a rhythm style, and record the combined result as an audio file on an SD card.
- Multi-track recording is supported, allowing you to produce more sophisticated tracks.
- The tuner function features a large meter for good visibility. You can also tune while hearing a guide tone.
- Acoustage technology delivers a spacious sound.
- The unit can be powered on six AA batteries, allowing up to seven hours of use.
A separately sold foot switch lets you control the unit with your foot.
Pricing and Availability
See the Korg site for details.